Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pam attempts to escape

I've got to try, the brave little pillow decided.  I can't survive another year under The Butt!  Pam began frantically trying to wiggle herself, but she discovered, with dismay, that her ability to move her pillow body was rather limited.  With great effort, she could wiggle her four corners back and forth, but they weren't giving her enough momentum to squirm forward.

My corners can't reach the ground, she thought as she frantically wiggled her corners.  She was like an overturned turtle, except that she was symmetrical, so even if she were flopped onto her face, her little, wiggling corners wouldn't be able to reach the sofa.  I must look so silly, the little pillow thought, embarassed, as she continued to flail her corners helplessly, But I've got to get out of here before The Butt comes back and swallows me up again!

While she flailed her corners to no avail, Pam remembered that she could also control her face, and wondered if that could help her.  Eventually, giving it everything she had, the persistent little pillow found that if she timed her corner flails with a snapping motion of her jaws, she would be propelled forward just a tiny bit.  I'm doing it, she thought, I'm really doing it!  I have to make it off the couch, and then I can go find help!

The little pillow had never tried so hard in her whole pillow life as she slowly, painstakingly squirmed her way towards the edge of the couch.  The Butt might come back at any moment, she thought, I need to try harder!  It was hard for her to judge what direction she was going, because her pillow face was stuck facing the ceiling, but Pam thought her bottom corners were hanging over the edge of the couch.  I'm almost there, she thought, filled with hope, I'm going to pull it off!

The mysterious, menacing popping sounds in the distance only pushed the little pillow to try even harder, flailing her little corners and snapping her little mouth with great determination.  Now, she was certain that she was nearing the edge of the couch, as she could feel the couch beginning to roll downward, away from her little pillow back.  Just a little more, the little pillow told herself, Just a tiny bit more, and I can make it!  I know I can do it!

Suddenly, the little pillow felt herself begin to helplessly slide forward, and she was struck with terror.  What have I done? the helpless little pillow thought as she slowly slid over the edge, her face tipping forward so that she could see the enormous, terrifying drop off the couch that now awaited her, Oh my god!

When she slipped free of the couch and fell, the helpless little pillow yelped with terror before landing on her bottom corners and flopping forward onto her face.  There, she began sobbing and whining like a helpless little baby.

Olga walked back into the room with a bowl full of popcorn and noticed that her pillow girl had slipped off of the couch.  She knelt down, picked Pam up, and tossed her back into place.

Suddenly, the little pillow dimly remembered that she had been in the middle of an escape plan.  Oh no!  The scary fall made me forget to escape, she thought in a panic as the enormous goddess-monster, the owner of The Butt, prepared to sit down once again.  I need to think of something!  I can't let The Butt swallow me up again!

Pam will...

No comments:

Post a Comment